A new Board of Directors will be chosen as the Moose Jaw Chamber of Commerce recently began its election process.
Fifteen names are on the ballot for the two-year term for the Board of Directors of the Moose Jaw & District Chamber of Commerce, but only a few spots are available. Eight out of the 12 elected members are still fulfilling their terms on the board.
Those still serving on the Board to fulfill their terms include:
- Dayna Chamberlain – Jones Funeral Home
- Greg McIntyre - RBC
- James Benn – Apex Electric
- Jasmine Jackman – Hillcrest Golf Course
- Kylie Sonmor - CIBC
- Mike Walz – Royal LePage Landmart
- Riley Wright – Moose Jaw Co-op Association
- Yvette Moore – Yvette Moore Art Gallery
Those appointed to the Board by the Chamber remain in their positions.
The fifteen who are running for the election all will help the Chamber in its mission, which is to "act as the voice of business in Moose Jaw on matters affecting its membership and concerning economic climate and directly related social well being of Moose Jaw and trading area."
The nominees include:
- Aaron Ruston – Purposed Financial Corp.
- Carolyn Turner – Whirleybird Business Services
- Christopher Chin - ScotiaBank
- Don Howe – Tim Hortons
- Holly Jorstad* – Holly-Would Rentals
- Jeff Fox – Moose Jaw YMCA
- Lana Lalonde – Emerald Custom Creations Ltd.
- Ryan Hrechka* – Grayson & Co
- Sam Morrison* – Flattop Automotive
- Scott Greenough – CAE Inc.
- Talon Regent – Regent Law
- Tayler Jackson - ScotiaBank
- Tara Lynn Parker - RBC
- Tina Ludwar – South Sask. Independent Living Centre
- Todd McIntyre* – McIntyre Ranch
Businesses received their ballots Wednesday morning and have until noon on Monday to cast their votes.
*Denotes those running for re-election.