A Calgary man wanted on a Canada-wide warrant and four other individuals have been arrested following Friday night's report of shots fired and subsequent manhunt. 

The Moose Jaw Police Service (MJPS) says that on Friday, October 21 the agency learned of firearms at a home located in the 800 block of 4th Avenue NW and obtained a search warrant.

With the help of the Regina Police Service Tactical Unit, members of the Moose Jaw Police Service were dispatched to the scene. Prior to their arrival, an individual left the residence, fired a handgun at Police, and ran from the scene.

No officers were struck or injured.

MJPS established a perimeter and members of the Tactical and Canine Units began to search for the suspect.

Gunshots were reported at approximately 9:50 p.m. Friday night in the 300 block of Ross Street W. Police immediately responded and located an individual in the backyard of a Ross Street West residence.

At 10:24 p.m. an emergency alert was sent to cell phones and heard over the radio in the Moose Jaw area warning residents of a dangerous person on the loose, providing a description of the suspect, and asking residents to not approach the suspect and to call 9-1-1 if he's seen.

With the help of Crisis Negotiators, the suspect surrendered at 10:36 p.m. and was taken into custody.

Jirard Saddleback, 32 years old, from Calgary, has been charged with;

  • Attempted murder,
  • Possession of drugs for the purpose of trafficking,
  • Possession of a prohibited firearm,
  • Possession of the proceeds of crime and,
  • several other firearm and weapon-related offences.

MJPS says Saddleback may face other charges as the investigation continues.

Saddleback, who was wanted on a Canada-wide warrant for being Unlawfully at Large out of Calgary, Alberta, will appear in Moose Jaw Provincial Court on Monday, October 24.

3 additional males and 1 female were arrested in connection to this incident. Charges are pending for these individuals as the investigation is ongoing. The names and charges weren't released.

The Moose Jaw Police Service says there is no further risk related to this incident and no members of the public were injured during this incident.