Take part in some Halloween fun at the Western Development Museum - Moose Jaw for children seven and under, including games, crafts, photo booth, and a goodie bag for little visitors. Be sure to come in costume!
Regular Museum admission applies.Free for WDM members!
New this year - all ages PUMPKIN CARVING CONTEST!
AGE CATEGORIES:Little Ones 0 - 7 Years | Children 8 - 12 Years | Young Adults 13 - 18 Years | Adults 19 Years +
PUMPKIN CARVING CONTEST RULES:
• The contest is open to the public - it is FREE to enter.
• All pumpkins must be carved, but additional items may be included to embellish your entry.
• Carving and decoration of pumpkins must be completed prior to delivery.
• All pumpkins must be real (no plastic or fake pumpkins allowed).
• Stencils are allowed and parents are welcome to help, however, pumpkins should reflect the age/abilities of the child.
• Carving subjects deemed inappropriate will not be judged or displayed.
• It is your responsibility to include a flameless candle (battery-powered) with your entry.
• Entries must be dropped off at the Western Development Museum between 9:00 am and 12:00 pm on Saturday, October 27.
• Pumpkins will be displayed at the Western Development Museum on Saturday, October 27 from 1:00 to 4:00 pm during the Ghostly Games family event.
• Entries will be issued a number, and the public will vote on their favourite pumpkins throughout the event.
• Voting will end at 3:45 pm and the ballots will be counted.
• A prize will be awarded to the pumpkin with the most votes in each age category.
• You do not need to be present to win.
• The winners will be announced at 4:00 pm at the conclusion of the Ghostly Games event, and shared on the WDM Moose Jaw Facebook page. The winners will be notified by a phone call on October 27.
• All pumpkins must be picked up by 5:00 pm, Saturday, October 27; any pumpkins not picked up by this time will be disposed of.