A Gravelbourg resident was found trapped inside her home on Christmas Eve last week, as flames engulfed the front of her home.

At approximately 7:30 pm last Thursday, the Gravelbourg Fire Department responded to a call on the 200 block of 1st Ave West.

Crews were able to contain the fire and create a passage into the home.

The lone occupant was found lying on the ground unresponsive and was transported to hospital with life-threatening injuries.

She later succumbed to her injuries.

The RCMP does not consider fire to be of a criminal nature.